Wednesday, February 23, 2011

this and that



Thanks to Twiggs, I got to thinking about what little treasures can be found in my own backyard.  And we are so lucky, too.  Within a 15 mile radius of our home, we have half a dozen little towns of old we can visit whenever we want.  Here's just a couple quick pics of our walk down the streets of Lambertville.  I must tell you that we didn't make it as far as we wanted (we were heading to the playground) because Keira dropped Strawberry Shortcake somewhere along the way and we had to trek back to find her.  Finally we did, which was a good thing because I don't think this household could survive without Strawberry Shortcake :)

This looks a bit like a Hobbit house.  Actually...a lot bit :)  I loved reading those books...always so magical.  I was and am still kind of jealous of all those tiny arched doors attached to houses built right into the earth in the Hobbit.

An old bike, retired and painted complete with a copper finish and used as a planter.  There it lives, right on the grassy patch between the sidewalk and the street, waiting for spring to show off a fresh flower bed in the basket.

A last of the holiday winter wreaths.  Until next year, then...

I love this window and stonework.  They just don't build like this anymore.

Lovely window displays.  They've got to do something to try to draw the eye because it's one gallery next to another in that town.  I don't know how they all survive.

And last but not least...Look at this little tyke.  Is she not the cutest thing?  My favorite part of the day.  That's all for now :)

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful door! I love the hobbit too and would looove to live in a little home like theirs. Your Keira is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drool over the hobbit doors too.

    Have you taken Keira to C'est La Vie in New Hope? Delicious. Maybe when the weather warms up and you can sit outside and watch the river. I love that place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never been to C'est La Vie, but now I'll have to check it out! thanks.

    ReplyDelete

any thoughts?? thanks for stopping by :)