Friday, March 11, 2011

up to my ears


This week and today especially...I'm up to my ears in custom special orders, which is great!!!  Good thing I still have my eyes to see what I'm doing :)  Sometimes it feels like my mind runs rampant and I am consumed with too much thinking, if there is such a thing.  I find there's no better distraction than work.  It's calming and therapeutic to be swallowed up by new ideas, plans, and other perspectives.  A big crystal Mediterranean blue wave washes through me and swirls around my worries, getting rid of the old loose thoughts and replacing them with new, fresh, and clean ones.  It's kind of like what happens in the dishwasher.

These particular orders I'm working on involve paper and more paper.  And...that is also something I love.  Plain.  Simple.  Sometimes it's so pretty, I almost don't even want to use it up.  But then I remember...that would be such a waste for beautiful things to be held captive in the dark depths of a closet or a drawer.  Much like people, I think.  We might as well get out there and share our colors and make a footprint in the world.

 


Some photos of Howie B and I on our travels...I use these as samples for my Mini Albums, but these are some of my favorite pics from over the years:  
 Parc del Laberint d'Horta (Labyrinth Park) in Barcelona with perfectly trimmed maze hedges and swans floating under the weathered stone bridge, Allasio Italy with it's millions of steps down the footpath to the sea, and Sifting through the long stretch of a pebbly beach to find the smoothest stones and sea glass washed in by the Mediterranean.

4 comments:

  1. I want to see those pics up close! They look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah...one day you and i will have to go through each others photos~ i bet we would love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, everything looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

any thoughts?? thanks for stopping by :)