Saturday, April 9, 2011

clean up and {Move} out


“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

California~here we come.  Onward and upward (or westward, in our case) for a 10 day traveling vacation.  We're cleaning up and moving out for at least ten days of finding whatever fun we can.  I've got a clean house and six trash bags full of clothes and goodies for the Good Will in the back of my car.  Not to mention a plethora of offers from kinds souls who want to live in the house with the crazy cats while we're away.  Waiting in the shadows I have a couple camera cards, journals, and smiles ready for a California adventure.  After a year hiatus from any far-away travels, we're putting a busy life on the back burner and getting out of dodge, if only for a week and a half.  We're not leaving yet, but soon because it's time to sail {or fly} away from the safe harbor for a little while.

It was supposed to rain today, but unexpectedly...it is quite sunny and bright instead.  A glistening blanket of light has attached itself to everything and I see no cloudy skies ahead.  Anticipation is in the air.  The mischievous cats are circling my feet relentlessly waiting for attention.  Keira is basking in the joy of spending the day in her favorite kitty-cat shirt.  Howie is enjoying the sunny day, doing what he likes best...being productive even on his day off.  I am planning and scheming unfamiliar adventures and enjoying steamy coffee from my favorite hand-thrown, deep-sea-green mug.  Off to a good start :)  And a Happy Weekend to you all!

8 comments:

  1. Jenna, your blog always inspires me in some way but, today you strike a chord with things we have been talking about around here. We have been talking about moving to the beach for a year because we can and want to. We would rent out our house and rent a place there. We figure that while William is young and easily transported and the only child that now is the time. Rob can transfer to a different Darden restaurant, so we know we'll have income. I donno... I think we really might do it!

    Anyway, I know you're going to have a BLAST on your trip! CA is beautiful and fun. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 days! That is going to be an amazing trip!!! I can't wait to see pics of where you guys go. And ~ 6 bags for Goodwill ~ Wow. That must feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sarah, what fun! I say...why not. Especially if you know that Rob has a job waiting for him if you do move. That's an awesome thing. What beach were you thinking of moving to??

    Brooke, I know...can't wait! Have the plain tickets and working toward reserving rooms (hopefully in lighthouse hostels :) I'll let you know when I have a little better idea of our cities. We're still narrowing and choosing. There seem to just be so many great places to go...but you know, we don't want to be just in the car the whole time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I meant "plane" tickets :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOO, wonderful! Of course, I've lived in CA all my life, so I think moving here is pretty nice. And exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, it's just a quick travel adventure. sadly, we aren't able to move out to sunny california...at least not yet anyway :) but still, a vacation there is a very exciting thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, right now we're looking at Jacksonville, FL because there's a Capital Grille there and if Rob can get in, it's better money. Otherwise, we can go anywhere there is a Red Lobster that can sustain us financially. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Florida...fun!! Sunny and warm all the time, I could get used to that :)

    ReplyDelete

any thoughts?? thanks for stopping by :)